The goal of these courses is to expand language training into a specific domain. They cover aspects of the language such as technical vocabulary, jargon, correspondence, etc. Increasingly valued by professionals, these specific courses offer the learner the ability to acquire the necessary knowledge to carry out his/her profession in another language.
Level availability is dependent upon specific field chosen.
- Business Language: In addition to providing a general review, this program focuses on the presentation of your company, the products or services offered, the various elements of your presentations, your sales offers and contracts. Negotiation techniques are taught through role-play and simulations.
- Management: An in-depth study of vocabulary and expressions related to management. Learning is reinforced by exercises with audio tapes that simulate different management situations and role plays designed to skillfully manage situations and find solutions.
- Finances: these courses are designed for business people and accountants. Financial vocabulary will be taught through a program that deals with case studies, financial reports, and accounting procedures. Our written and oral training will help you deal with situations encountered with customers over the phone, meetings and in preparing reports.
- Negotiation: These courses focus on techniques for negotiating price, terms of sale, delays both from the point of view of the buyer and/or the vendor, learning key phrases, formulating arguments, the expression of supply and demand is reinforced through role-playing techniques.
- Presentation: These courses focus on techniques for presenting companies, projects, products, etc… As part of a speech: learning key phrases, formulating an introduction, transitional phrases, presentation of tables and graphs, etc… The presentations are repeated according to role-playing techniques.
- Secretarial/Administrative: These courses focus on expressions used by front-desk office staff and receptionists, hostesses, and secretaries. Learn key phrases and the most appropriate ways to welcome visitors, answer telephones, take messages, write short notes to convey common information … All these tasks are reinforced using role-playing games.
- Writing Courses: These courses are designed for both native and non-native speakers of a language who are experiencing difficulty drafting correct texts, letters and administrative documents either for business or for personal use. These skills are often necessary for administrative workers.
Telephone courses, individual and personalized: These courses focus on predefined objectives according to a program based on role-playing, relating to situations such as:
- taking and giving orders,
- setting appointments,
- dealing with difficult situations,
- Managing everyday tasks of professional life through e-mail correspondence with an instructor, also putting writing skills into practice.